Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation, an established Aboriginal Medical Service is looking for passionate individuals who will contribute to help shape the future of primary healthcare in the Barkly Region. The successful candidate will provide high quality clinical and culturally safe care to the Women’s Health programs for the Yapakurlangu Region and work within a multidisciplinary team to optimise the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal females within a comprehensive primary health care setting.
With excellent support from an experienced team of Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers and Practice Management, working within a team of 3-4 GPs, you can maximise you time spent with patients at this well managed, modern practice complete with treatment rooms equipped to a high standard and spacious consulting rooms. The center features a pathology collection facility, Point of Care testing capability and has a nearby pharmacy. We host Specialist Outreach services e.g. Renal, Ophthalmology, Cardiology besides a host of allied health services.
The position reports to the Director of Medical Services who provides clinical leadership to the Health Services Section.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Timely intervention in acute medical problems.
- Identification and management of chronic conditions with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Participation in health checks, health promotion activities and public health education drives.
- Improving the standard of primary health care in the Barkly Region.
- Providing health education to Aboriginal Health Practitioners, GP Registrars, Medical Students and other members of the primary health care team.
- Actively contribute to Key Performance Indicators, Quality Improvement and advocacy on Closing The Gap.
We are passionate about our commitment to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal Health within remote Australia. Anyinginyi offers you a chance to experience our rich culture and be a part of this movement where we believe ‘Prevention is the Solution’.
In return we offer:
- Full-time permanent role
- Female Identified Position
- 38 hours working week with clinic hours 0800 – 1630 Monday to Friday
- No after hours, weekend work or on-calls; spend quality time with your family
- Base salary of $280k per annum plus superannuation
Comprehensive range of benefits including:
- Salary packaging as a not for profit organisation.
- 6 weeks annual leave as well as personal/carer’s leave up to 10 days per year.
- 4 weeks study and professional development leave with up to $5000 study assistance.
- A generous annual performance bonus of $10000 for the first year and $20000 from second year onwards.
- Free accommodation for you and family
- Corporate vehicle for work and private use up to 2500 KM annually
- Up to $5000 relocation assistance and up to $5000 repatriation assistance.
- Pro-Rata Medical Indemnity Insurance reimbursement
- Twice a year FOIL of two days + $1000 per occasion ($2000 pa)
- Employee access to Anyinginyi Health Clinic.
- Employee Free Prescriptions
- Free General Dentistry (Lab Work to be paid by employee)
- Workforce Incentive Program – Doctor Stream: Anyinginyi operates its services in Tennant Creek and the Barkly Region which is classed as a MMM-7 region. Medical Practitioners have access to annual additional Medicare incentive payments of between $25K to $60K for practicing in MMM-7 region.
- Health workforce scholarship and bursary from NT PHN for Remote working GPs
- Distribution Priority Area (DPA) location for IMGs – IMGs can reduce their moratorium
Applications from suitably qualified overseas doctors welcome who are passionate about indigenous health.
Our pride: collegiate, supportive community culture.
Are you the right person?
Essential skills and experience:
- Medical Practitioner’s Specialist GP Registration with APHRA
- FRACGP and/or FACRRM.
- Demonstrated knowledge, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and beliefs.
- Understanding of the principles of Primary Health Care, Public Health and Preventative Medicine in regional and remote Australia.
- Commitment to function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Current manual driver’s license and/or the ability to transfer to a NT License.
- Ability to obtain an unrestricted Medicare Provider Number.
- Demonstrated previous experience delivering Primary Health Care Services within an Aboriginal community as a General Practitioner will be highly regarded
- Understanding of workplace infection control, OH&S and anti-discrimination as it applies to the workplace.
- Tertiary qualifications in Medicine (MPH, DCH, DRANZCOG etc)
- Special interests – Diabetes, Renal Medicine, Sexual Reproductive Health, Paediatrics, Mental Health, etc supported by the practice.
All Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation employees must be Fully COVID-19 Vaccinated.
- To be successful in this role, you need to have the right to live and work in Australia.
- Employment is conditional on obtaining a National Police Clearance and Ochre Card (NT Working with Children) prior to commencement in this role.
For more information on this position, please contact our Director of Medical Services, Dr Pradeep Mishra on 0438 181 729 or HR Officer Anastasia Power on [email protected]
PDF file available to the right for clicking and download – PD
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact Anastasia Power at [email protected]