Location: Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region
Job Title: Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home-Visiting (MESCH) Social Worker
Classification: Health Care
Employment Conditions: Full Time Contract
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Salary: $85, 860 - $100,740per annum.
Generous salary packaging: $15,899.94p/a
Professional development incentive: Allowance of $1,300p/a
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Clinical Services Manager
Subsidised Accommodation: Available for candidates outside the Barkly Region.
Employee access to Medical Services: Free Prescriptions
Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave, free gym membership, free general dentistry, Remote retention allowance of $750 and Relocation assistance up to $5,000 to help you get settled into town!
Exciting opportunity for a full time MECSH Social Worker (Female identified), based in Tennant Creek.
Join this community-based organisation and make a genuine difference to our community!
This is a Rewarding role where you will truly make a difference in the lives of our Remote Communities, providing the chance to experience real job satisfaction every day and play an important role in Anyinginyi’s drive to be a Provider of High Quality Holistic Primary Health Care services to the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a Culturally responsive way - don't miss out!
You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will receive personal and professional development opportunities from an employer who wants to provide optimum working conditions!
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia.
Anyinginyi consists of five different sections (Health Services, Business Services, Public Health Unit, Sports and Recreation, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allow them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's mission is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services featuring prevention and treatment in the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
About the Tennant Creek region
Year round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs however it does provide for all the basics that most people require. There is a supermarket similar to a large IGA store, Post Office, clothing and furniture stores, Pharmacy, Newsagent, two banks (ANZ & Westpac), restaurants and coffee shops, four hotels/motels, and a delicatessen. It also has sporting facilities (e.g. swimming pool, basketball courts, tennis court, football ground, car racing track), and several tourists attractions within easy reach Like our Beautiful Lake Mary Ann!
About the Role
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation has a rewarding opportunity for a Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home-Visiting Program (MECSH) Social Worker to join their dedicated team. This position is based in Tennant Creek but will also provide services to Four remote communities that the organisation services. This is a contract-based position subject to funding.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide support, advice and education to the nurses providing the MECSH program. This includes providing culturally safe psychosocial support for the families enrolled in the program.
- Provide support, advice, and education to the MECSH team.
- Provide a link between enrolled clients and all Tennant Creek based support Services
- Provide social and emotional support to clients and their families.
- Advocate on behalf of enrolled client and their families.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Manger, the MECSH Social Worker will work as part of the Anyinginyi Health services team, providing services to the Tennant Creek community and remote communities serviced by Anyinginyi where overnight stays may be required.
All parties that may have stake in the client’s well-being and care, both withing the organization and outside.
- Employees of AHAC must not give information or documents relating to your employment and to the business of AHAC to anyone unless authorised to do so by the CEO & Board of Directors. This includes confidential patient information and information about AHAC Business activities.
- Any research project must have written approval of the AHAC Board of Directors prior to commencement of the project and comply with all provisions on “Personal privacy protection in health care information systems”.
More specifically, some of your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Providing mental health counselling to individuals, groups, or families.
- Offering information and support to clients and their families.
- Conducting initial assessments of clients' situation to determine needs and goals.
- Researching and advocating for appropriate public assistance resources for clients.
- Work in collaboration with the care team to help meet client’s health care need.
- Providing prompt crises intervention.
- Referring individuals to appropriate support service within the Barkly region.
- Appropriate documentation of all client engagements and preparing reports.
- Work in collaboration with other MECSH team members and the multidisciplinary team to coordination client’s care.
- Actively participate in ongoing training and professional development as needed, to meet up with current trends in practice.
- Participate in induction, orientation, mandatory training, meetings and other relevant education as required by HSS and HR policies.
- Provide education and mentoring to team members including AHWs, Nursing Staff, medical students, interns, JHOs and GP Registrars.
To be successful in this role, you must maintain a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field.
Due to the nature of the role, Anyinginyi is looking for someone with demonstrated experience working with clients affect by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
Previous experience delivering primary health care services within an Aboriginal community will be highly regarded but is not mandatory.
Please note: A National Police Clearance and Ochre Card (NT Working with Children’s) card obtainment is a requirement prior to commencement in this role. Please refer to NT Safe for further information.
PDF File available here for clicking and downloading PD (To the right hand side)
Applications must be submitted by 11 June 2021 via online portal.
All applications must include the following for consideration:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation where you can really make a difference in our local community, we want to hear from you!
No recruitment agencies please