- Work within a dynamic team environment and enjoy personal and professional development opportunities!
- Great remuneration package + super + fringe benefits!
- Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave, free gym membership and free general dentistry!
Exciting opportunity for several full time Counsellors to join our Piliyintinji-ki Stronger Families program, based in Tennant Creek.
Join this community-based organisation and really make a difference!
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Anyinginyi consists of six different sections (Health Centre, Business Services, Public Health Unit, Sports and Recreation, Regional Remote Health Section and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allow them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's mission is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services featuring prevention and treatment in the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
About the Tennant Creek region
Year round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage, but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
500km north of Alice Springs, Tennant Creek was once a rough and tumble droving town, but is now a modern town and one of the Territory's most populated areas. It is home to a major regional hospital, a university, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport - everything you need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle! People from all walks of life find themselves calling Tennant Creek home.
About the Role
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation has an exciting opportunity for several full time Counsellors to join their Piliyintinji-ki Stronger Families program, based in Tennant Creek. These roles are initially being offered on a Full Time basis.
Piliyintinji-ki Stronger Families (PSF) provides culturally appropriate services for men, women and families. Piliyintinji-Ki is Waramungu for "to make something better, to cure or make something good". PSF works in partnership with other Link Up Services, Central Australia Stolen Generations, CAAC etc in areas such as Family Violence and Intensive Family Support Services.
In these pivotal roles, you will be responsible for addressing the social and emotional wellbeing needs of the community. This will involve providing support, counselling and case management for individuals and their families with a team approach to facilitate the healing process for the community.
More specifically, some of your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Providing counselling services to Aboriginal individuals and families suffering with family violence and associated issues;
- Liaising with other agencies in a case management role, and visiting and liaising with Aboriginal Agencies and Community Development Projects;
- Providing presentations, community education and promoting AHAC as required; and
- Ensuring all client information is recorded and available for reporting periods.
About the Benefits
These are highly varied roles where you will truly make a difference in the lives of your clients and experience real job satisfaction every day - don't miss out!
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with attractive remuneration + super + fringe benefits to increase your take home pay! In addition, you will enjoy 6 weeks annual leave, giving you time to explore the beautiful Barkly region!
You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will receive personal and professional development opportunities from an employer who wants to provide optimum working conditions, and will also benefit from free gym membership and free general dentistry!
To be successful in this position, will possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience in engaging with clients and writing documentation and reports.
Knowledge of networks, including organisations and government departments related to working in this field, would be advantageous.
Whilst not required, previous experience working in a remote area or within a community health care organisation will be highly regarded.
You will also need to possess the following:
Essential skills and experience:
- a high level of counselling and case management skills
- an understanding and respect of the past practices and current issues that impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people
- exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to deliver a strengths-based service incorporating narrative, cognitive, solution-focused and community development approaches to vulnerable individuals and families
- ability to work in a team environment
- ability to effectively liaise with key stakeholders and build strong relationships
- ability to collect, analyse and maintain client data
- high level skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including the ability to use client information management systems
Qualifications, Licences and Certifications:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Counselling or related human services discipline
- Registration with an appropriate authorised practicing governance body in Australia (eg AHPRA), and have a current practicing certificate
- A current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence or ability to obtain one
- Be in possession of (or have the ability to apply for) a National Police Clearance
- Be in possession of (or have the ability to apply for) an OCHRE Card
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation where you can really make a difference in the local community, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please