Location: Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Employment Conditions: Full Time
Wage Level: Administration & Support Officers Level 8.1 - 8.4
Salary: $88,435 - $103,762
Generous salary packaging: $15,899.94p/a
Professional development incentive: Allowance of $1,300p/a
Reports to: Executive Manager Corporate Services
Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave as well as personal/carer’s leave up to 10 days per year, Relocation assistance up to $5,000 & up to $5,000 repatriation assistance available to candidates residing outside for Barkly region, free general dentistry and Remote retention allowance of $750!
Exciting opportunity for a full time Business Development Manager in our Nyangirru Piliyi-ngara Kurantta – Corporate Services Section, based in Tennant Creek.
Join this community-based organisation and make a genuine difference to our community!
This is a Rewarding role where you will truly make a difference in the lives of our Town and Remote Communities, providing the chance to experience real job satisfaction every day and play an important role in Anyinginyi’s drive to be a Provider of High Quality Holistic Primary Health Care services to the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a Culturally responsive way - don't miss out!
You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will receive personal and professional development opportunities from an employer who wants to provide optimum working conditions!
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia.
Anyinginyi consists of five different sections (Health Services, Business Services, Public Health Unit, Sports and Recreation, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allow them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's mission is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services featuring prevention and treatment in the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
About the Tennant Creek region
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs however it does provide for all the basics that most people require. There is a supermarket similar to a large IGA store, Post Office, clothing and furniture stores, Pharmacy, Newsagent, two banks (ANZ & Westpac), restaurants and coffee shops and four hotels/motels. It also has sporting facilities (e.g. swimming pool, basketball courts, tennis court, football ground, car racing track), and several tourists attractions within easy reach Like our Beautiful Lake Mary Ann!
About the Role
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the coordination of government and non-government funding to assist the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives. The position is the key relationship manager with external funding agencies and oversees Anyinginyi’s compliance with funding agreement terms and conditions.
The position is responsible for proactively seeking grant and other funding opportunities for Anyinginyi Health, and assisting the Executive Managers to submit reports, manage and acquit funding agreements. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for organisational grant education and awareness. This position represents Anyinginyi Health in a range of external forums and demonstrates positive leadership behaviours in achieving the best outcome for Anyinginyi Health through the advocacy of Anyinginyi’s values, cultural practices and professional conduct.
More specifically, some of your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Actively seek and submit grant funding applications, grant opportunities and/or philanthropic/in kind support in line with and to fulfil, Anyinginyi Health’s planning goals and strategies.
- Assist in the development of internal monitoring and reporting tools, used by Sections for the collection of performance indicator outcomes required for grant funding purposes, including holistic organisational contracts and agreements.
- Assist in the development of financial and narrative funding documentation, in conjunction with respective Executive Managers or Anyinginyi management for grant reporting purposes.
- Establish and maintain relationships and strategic links with relevant local and national stakeholders including our funding bodies.
- Assist in reminders, information collation and submission of organisational financial or narrative performance reporting required under our funding agreements.
- Liaise with Funding Providers either by electronic, phone or face to face and Executive Managers on grant enquiries, needs and appropriate responses as and when due by the respective funding terms and conditions of grant.
- Liaise with Anyinginyi’s financial officers as and when required in invoicing of, or other financial reporting of grants funds as due by the respective funding terms and conditions of grant.
- Provide reports, brief and or other documents to managers, the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors as requested.
- Provide annual educative and information sharing sessions to respective Anyinginyi managers and employees in grants development, compliance and reporting requirements.
Make positive contribution to strengthening cultural behaviours, team cohesion and organisational harmony in the Corporate Services Section and in Anyinginyi Health.
To be considered for this position, you must maintain Respect for Traditional Culture and cultural diversity and acquire the ability to communicate effectively within a diverse working environment. Previous experience or qualifications within managing complex and various grant terms and conditions from funding bodies for both government and non-government grantst will be highly regarded but is not mandatory.
- A National Police Clearance and Ochre Card (NT Working with Children’s) card obtainment is a requirement prior to commencement in this role. Please refer to NT Safe for further information.
- All employees of Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Closing Date: 10th of December 2021
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation where you can really make a difference in our local community, we want to hear from you!
*No recruitment agencies please.