Location: Tennant Creek
Job Title: Continuous Quality Improvement Officer
Employment Conditions: Full Time Contract
Contract Duration: Ongoing, dependant on funding
Salary: $78,779 - $88,044per annum.
Generous salary packaging: $15,899.94p/a
Professional development incentive: Allowance of $1,300p/a
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Administration Manager
Subsidised Accommodation: Available for candidates outside the Barkly Region.
Employee access to Medical Services: Free Prescriptions
Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave, free general dentistry, Remote retention allowance of $750 and Relocation assistance up to $5,000 to help you get settled into town!
Exciting opportunity for a full time Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), based in Tennant Creek.
Join this community-based organisation and make a genuine difference to our community!
This is a Rewarding role where you will truly make a difference in the lives of our Remote Communities, providing the chance to experience real job satisfaction every day and play an important role in Anyinginyi’s drive to be a Provider of High Quality Holistic Primary Health Care services to the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a Culturally responsive way - don't miss out!
You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will receive personal and professional development opportunities from an employer who wants to provide optimum working conditions!
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia.
Anyinginyi consists of four different sections (Health Services, Business Services, Public Health Unit and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allow them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's mission is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services featuring prevention and treatment in the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
About the Tennant Creek region
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs however it does provide for all the basics that most people require. There is a supermarket similar to a large IGA store, Post Office, clothing and furniture stores, Pharmacy, Newsagent, two banks (ANZ & Westpac), restaurants and coffee shops and four hotels/motels. It also has sporting facilities (e.g. swimming pool, basketball courts, tennis court, football ground, car racing track), and several tourists attractions within easy reach Like our Beautiful Lake Mary Ann!
About the Role
Reporting to the Administration Manager, this position will see you assisting in the co-ordination of Continuous Quality Management in a culturally responsive manner, you will work closely with the CQI Facilitator.
A strong understanding of key Performance Indicators relating to “Closing the Gap” whilst monitoring health trends and linking service delivery with Public Health initiatives.
This role is to support the deliverables and foundations of continuous quality improvement implementation and development of Anyinginyi Health; through existing documentation and performing evaluation and assessments to ensure best practice outcome.
Primary role is to support and improve services and health outcomes by assisting the CQI Facilitator in Anyinginyi Health’s quality improvement, development and monitoring objectives.
More specifically, some of your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assist the CQI Facilitator and the Health services team to undertake audits and support the interpretation, analysis and effective use of audit data and Service Assessment Tools.
- Proactively contribute to addressing WH&S hazards, incidents and injuries and adhere to infection control processes.
- Work collaboratively with the CQI Facilitator, clinical team and management to feedback CQI data to health teams and the community.
- Participate in all Accreditation processes to ensure compliance with ISO: 9001 and AGPAL.
- Support the Administration Manager to implement and evaluate strategies to improve the claiming of Medicare
- Encourage, support and promote Accreditation processes both clinical and administrative and CQI Action planning in the Health Services section
- Support improved service and health outcomes by assisting the CQI Facilitator with ACCHS and DoH PHC providers and other stakeholders to implement the agreed NT Aboriginal Health Forum (AHF) CQI Approach in the Barkly Health Service Delivery Area where needed.
To be considered for this position, you must obtain a relevant qualification in business, health management, compliance or other related field. Ideally, you must have the demonstrated understanding of accreditation processes and compliance in a health care or related setting.
The CQI & Quality Officer must have experience and understanding of contemporary innovative practice in a comprehensive primary health care, be interpersonal and demonstrated written and cross-cultural skills.
- A National Police Clearance and Ochre Card (NT Working with Children’s) card obtainment is a requirement prior to commencement in this role. Please refer to NT Safe for further information.
- All Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation employees must be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation where you can really make a difference in our local community, we want to hear from you!
No recruitment agencies please